Friday, February 16, 2007

that retiree's portfolio update (also, where's my own portfolio?)

Some of you may wonder if I've been dangling the carrot regarding my explanation for the strategy and, ultimately, the implementation of my test-lab retiree's portfolio. Here's my excuse.

I've been frantically trying to wrap up my research so that I'll finally devise and implement a strategy for my guinea-pig retiree and for my own portfolio. Unfortunately, January + February of this year weren't exactly the freest of months, due to a few calamities, a few celebrations, and everything else going on.

Anyhoo, I'm falling behind because of circumstances and incomplete research. Even so, portfolio construction isn't exactly a task to take lightly, especially since, once it's constructed, like time, there really is no turning back.

-------------------------

I'm testing the waters with the NetWorthIQ sidebar but don't think there's much value in it, let alone feel confident in its accuracy and ease of maintenance. I could imagine people using it for bragging rights. I guess I'm ultimately looking for a portfolio tracker "RSS feed" driven by any one of the popular investing websites. If you know of any to recommend, please comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would encourage you to have a look at SteamStreet (http://www.steamstreet.com), our new portfolio traking site. I'm not sure if it has all the features you're looking for right now, but we're actively recruiting beta testers to help us better understand what investors are looking for. Have a look at the site, and if you're interested, please sign up to be added to the beta. We'll be starting it shortly.