Monday, October 1, 2007

Car and Cash-Flow Update

I jumped the gun, thinking I'd be able to get rid of the Subaru very soon, and move forward with purchasing a less costly vehicle. However, the buyers-to-be spooked, and I'm left with very little cash right now after I fully paid the car off to have the title handy to make for an easy sale.

Good thing my financier is flexible enough to "re-finance" the car again, giving me the same terms, same interest rate, same balance. Hopefully this is completed by week-end so that I can use my cash for something that I want to write about soon.

I recently applied for an unsecured loan from Prosper.com to temporarily ease my own personal cash crunch (that coincided with this summer's global credit crunch) from paying off the car in full, and my own 5-digit loan to my brother to buy down the rates of his revolving accounts. The way Prosper.com operates today facilitates the borrowing of money; it's quite easy. Lending, however, can be as perplexing as creating models to forecasting real estate cycles. The process of loaning people money is mechanically simple enough. Calculating risks and identifying hedging strategies is the pain.

Anyhow, the reception from lenders for my "loan application" was overwhelming. I suppose my now sky-high credit score, low running expense balance, and very low DTI ratio fueled the clamor from lenders.

What'll exacerbate my Prosper.com lenders is the fact that, once my old auto financier comes online with my old car loan, I'll drop Prosper.com like it's totally faux pas. I'm sure I was the Holy Grail of a borrower to my Prosper.com lenders, but oh well.

Once I have my auto loan, I'll have nearly $25K on-hand-- that I already have plans for. Come back soon, and see what I have planned for it! I think many of you will be shocked.

No comments: